Yes, I'll miss The Real Housewives and Top Chef and whatever other new show I'm bound to be addicted to *BUT* I'm doing something better. I got off my stripey-tight covered butt and am hitting the road!

It only takes 158 days or so, 6 different UW program changes, 2 jumbo-sized boxes of tissues, 3 surprise vaccinations, countless re-packing of your backpack and your entire piddley life savings to get to Cambodia, Thailand, France, Italy, Spain and New Zealand... Wowie bun bun!

Let's see how I do...


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Postcards From Italy


The view from my terrace in Cinque Terre. Awful, isn't it?

The story of my trip...


Corniglia, from where the bus (that may or may not run) drops you off. (Town center) I think everybody has their own little vineyard cut into the hills.

Laundry day in Riomagiorre.

Does that say "good bowels" in Italian?

Riomagiorre- my view as I ate my pear.

Graffiti on the "Lover's Walk" to Manarola. (The only walk I could do... otherwise I took the train.)

The view from Lover's Walk.


Just in case you forgot it was Lover's Walk. There are padlocks everywhere with love notes written or engraved on them.

Lacking a padlock, I improvised a contribution.


Monterosso.
Lots of fishing going on around here...



Vernazza.



Putting my fine, made-from-scratch cooking skills to the test.


Deliciouso!


Vicious attack cats guarding the door to my pensione.


Another view from my room. Sigh.

Across the "street". All I could hear at night was the sound of these waves, crashing.

And in case you were feeling too romantic about Italy:


In the train station you can get a picture of yourself "Chinese-ified" in a little booth for 2 Euro.











No comments:

Post a Comment