Yes, I'll miss The Real Housewives and Top Chef and whatever other new show I'm bound to be addicted to *BUT* I'm doing something better. I got off my stripey-tight covered butt and am hitting the road!

It only takes 158 days or so, 6 different UW program changes, 2 jumbo-sized boxes of tissues, 3 surprise vaccinations, countless re-packing of your backpack and your entire piddley life savings to get to Cambodia, Thailand, France, Italy, Spain and New Zealand... Wowie bun bun!

Let's see how I do...


Monday, February 22, 2010

Another "Adventure" In Spanish Living!

Yesterday we ran out of butane for the water heater, apparently. I came home and my roomie was filling up the bathtub with water from the stove. So, I had an old timey bath last night that took more than 30 minutes to make. I filled the three biggest pots with water from the stove, dumped the hot water then ran the 50 feet back to the kitchen to do it all over again. Three trips later I had a very (non) lovely bath in 3 inches of hard-earned hot water.

The butane guy didn't come by today. I'm debating the "French Bath" with ice-cold water or do I just wait? How long would you go without a hot shower? (And yes, I did the cold shower thing in Cambodia but this is totally different. It's 50 degrees in the house alone.)

Now I'd like you to go to your shower right now and THANK IT for being hot all the time. K? I'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment